Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cards with Animals





Check out {Tune in Tuesday~ Cards with Animals} today on Savvy Projects Blog!
My friend, Rita Kegg, is the guest artist today! Join the fun~ stamp a card that has an animal on it and post your creation!


I had fun creating this card! I started with Kraft cardstock. I stamped "bitty dots" with VersaMagic Wheat ink pad. Bitty dots is a stamp that you can get FREE from The Angel Company (tm) with a $30 purchase! The music notes are from Vintage Backgrounds. The bird and the saying are from Hope Perches. The music notes, bird, and words are stamped with VersaMagic Jumbo Java.


The flower is made from crepe paper. I purchased my crepe paper for $1 at Hobby Lobby. I have also seen crepe paper at my local dollar store. ;)

Flower: I started by cutting a 9" strip off of the roll. I cut the strip in half so that I had "two" 9" strips. I then cut three circles--random cutting--no measuring. I only used one of the 9" strips on my flower.



I randomly rubbed Pixie Dust on my 9" strip and 3 circles of crepe paper. I love working with "white" crepe paper because you can create any color of crepe paper with your ink pads--and you can add as much or as little color as you want!


I wrinkled the 3 circles a little bit and connected them with glue dots.


For the center of the flower, I started to "roll" the 9" strip of crepe paper--careful not to roll too tight.  Every now and then~ I would twist the paper down one time and continue to "roll" to create some thickness. I noticed that as I "worked" the crepe paper~ I was also moving and smearing the color around a little bit! I could wait for it to dry, but why? I like a little ink on my fingers! ;)


I attached the center of the flower to the 3 crepe paper circles with a glue dot.  Here is the finished flower. The best part is~ you can fold, bend, crinkle, wrinkle...all you want...until you get the look that you want! {smiles}


I hope you are inspired to stamp and create!



8 comments:

Chelsea said...

awesome card ... love that flower ... thanks for the instructions!

Sandy said...

That flower is awesome - thanks for sharing

Debra Miller said...

Awesome tutorial Holly - love that idea!

Angela K said...

Beautiful! Love that flower, thanks for the tutorial!

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Nice card - love the flower and pins. Good tutorial too.

Kim said...

Beautiful card Holly... LOVE THAT CREPE PAPER FLOWER! You will be seeing it on some of my creations soon!

Unknown said...

WOW! And a great flower tutorial, too! Thanks!

Chris said...

I tried a similiar flower once...after several tries, it ended in the trash! You made it look so easy...beautiful card!